No bah-humbug here! This Christmas I wanted to send you a little care package from Oxford.
I thought, "Hmm, what could I give to readers for Christmas. What do readers love? What would they cherish?"
And then it dawned on me, I'm in Oxford so of course I should send something to do with C.S. Lewis and quite possibly Alice In Wonderland, two of my personal favorites!
So, here's what you'll win should you be the lucky chosen one for The Great Oxford Christmas Giveaway!
1. Eight copies of my new devotional, Longing For More. Enough for your small group or book club!
(Amazon Retail Value: $103)
2. A signed copy of my book, Home Behind The Sun: Connect With God in the Brilliance of the Everyday.
(Amazon Retail Value: $15.47; Signed Copy - PRICELESS! I kid, I kid.)
3. A FIRST EDITION C.S. LEWIS BOOK, handpicked by me and sent from Oxford. There's an outstanding little book shop here in Oxford directly across from Christ Church College. It boasts an extraordinary collection of first editions from several of "The Inklings." I'll head into the shop and pick one for you. Below you can see a few first editions from my small but growing collection.
(Retail Value: $35-75; Emotional Value: Unfathomable)
(Amazon Retail Value: $30+; Signed Copy: PRICELESS!)
5. A Starbucks Gift Card (and no, my wife is not allowed to enter)
(Retail Value: TBD; Emotional Value: Depends on your caffeine dependency threshold)
6. A grab-bag of goodies from the Oxford Covered Market. From English teas, to Mulled Wine packets, to, well, you'll just have to trust me.
(Retail Value: $30)
Total Range of Retail Value: $225 - PRICELESS
How To Win
Follow the instructions on the widget below!
The Winner Announcement
Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories of "Christmas Past" ... it was a joy to read them all.
And let's all give a stirring round of applause to LESLIE DINGWALL for winning The Great Oxford Christmas Giveaway!
For all who entered, check your email as I'll be sending a personal thank you email to you.
And if you'd still like to get the new devotional for your small group, I'm happy to say that Givingtons is running a great bulk-buy special on Longing For More! 5$ discounted and 5$ given to Angel Tree! Check out their site for the details! CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas; that your hearts will fill the warmth of God's bounty and that you'll hold those you love, close.
Sixty Six North
My Newsletter. Sign up below.
Tim's authored four books, including the children's book Shine So Bright and the critically acclaimed Veneer: Living Deeply in a Surface Society. He studied beauty in the works of C.S. Lewis for his PhD under Alister McGrath. When he's not scratching poetry, or chasing the scholar's craft, you can find him carving up the trails of the nearest national forest on his Salsa El Mariachi 29er.
He lives in Charlotte, North Carolina with his wife and three pixie-daughters, and two acres of Great Horned Owls.